Ivano-Frankivsk Citi Council Ukraine - 233 400 inhabitants
Presentation of the organisation:
In 1662 the city acquired the Magdeburgh Law and became known as Stanislaviv. In 1962, the year of its 300th anniversary, Stanislaviv was renamed to Ivano-Frankivsk, to honour Ivan Franko, a prominent Ukrainian literary figure.
For the two months of January and February 1919, Stanislaviv was the capital city of the Western Ukrainian People’s Republic (ZUNR).
After the Second World War the city was turned into an industrial centre with numerous industrial facilities, cultural, educational and medical institutions and banks. The city has 39 secondary schools, 25 vocation schools and 7 of higher educational institutions.
Ivano-Frankivsk is the capital city one of 24 Oblasts in Ukraine. It is a city with important industrial, economic and scientific potential.
City area: 8370 hectares;
Population: 233,400 inhabitants.
All this, and also the location of the city near the geographic centre of Europe opens incredible opportunities for development and offers various possibilities for both interregional and international contacts.
Actions implemented in the field of building performance:
The following energy-efficient measures are realized for previous years in town:
- The co-generation station of 1 megawatt power was started up in exploitation by the State City Enterprise «Ivano-Frankivskteplokomunenergo»;
- Substitution of ineffective pump aggregates of the Communal Enterprise «Ivano-Frankivskvodoekotekhprom» pump stations for the pumps of firms “FLUGT” and “VILO” was put into practice;
- The reconstruction of external city illumination with the use of modern energy-efficient technologies is conducted;
- Substitution of pipes of heat supply networks for pipes which was preliminary isolated by polyurethane foam is conducted;
- The system “EKO-3” (engine frequency speed regulation and mixing of air and natural gas for its optimal incineration) in the boiler room of the State City Enterprise «Ivano-Frankivskteplokomunenergo» is set up;
- The systems of the automatic adjusting of thermal energy consumption are set up at some schools of our city;
- Monitoring of energy carriers and public utilities consumption is inculcated in establishments which are financed from a city budget and then comparing with the preliminary calculated and brought to the notice of establishments consumption volumes (with limits);
- A lesson on energy efficiency is entered at schools of the city and etc.