What are the benefits of joining the Display® campaign ?
1. Complementary action to your national implementation of the Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPBD), emphasising communicating with the building users and the public.
2. Going beyond the national obligation, with Display you can easily create a poster in 25 languages for all your buildings, whatever the building’s size.
3. In France Display® has been adapted to the National legislation thus it is possible to produce communicative Display® posters to compliment the National certificates. Further adaptations will follow soon, please check the website.
4. Flags an interest in innovative ways of thinking thus increasing the attractiveness of the municipality to potential investors.
5. Being part of a European movement ahead of it’s time. During the EPBD recast review, the EU Parliament has proposed a common European certification for the energy performance of non-residential buildings to be introduced by the latest in 2012. This voluntary scheme will be the same in all Member States and exist alongside the national certification scheme. This pan-European label is exactly what hundreds of Display participants have been implementing since 2004.
6. Benefit from network effects via the European and the national Display Users Clubs : Exchange experience with other cities during these meetings and by using the blog on the Internet or by developing direct bilateral contacts.
7. Display software allows you to monitor and evaluate progress of the performances of your building stock and to identify buildings which require major refurbishments .