Four new buildings added to Display and some fine-tuning to existing building types
Thanks to the adaptation work we are currently carrying out for the Swiss we have been able to add four new building types to the Display calculation tool (or software).
1. Individual house - detached house or semi-detached house, holiday home.
2. Commercial - all types of commercial premises including shopping centres, exhibition centres.
3. Restaurant – restaurants including kitchens, cafeterias, night clubs, canteens.
4. Industrial - manufacturers, factories, craft centre, stations, municipal workshop.
With the addition of these four new categories we also decided to streamline some of the existing building types which have resulted in the following changes:
1. Administrative buildings now include libraries and museums which were initially classified as social/cultural buildings;
2. The building type “Social/cultural” has now been replaced with “meeting places” comprising theatres, live concert halls, cinemas, churches, funeral halls, community halls, and stadiums with stand;
3. “ Health centres” are now classified as “Hospitals” including psychiatric clinics, medical centres and rehabilitation centres;
4. Sports halls are now defined as “Sports facilities” including sports halls, Bowling alleys, gym/fitness centres, changing rooms, gymnasiums and indoor tennis courts.
Here are the Energie,CO2 and Water benchmarks for all the Display buildings and detailed description of the building types http://www.display-campaign.org/doc/en/index.php/CREATE_A_POSTER#Entering_General_Information_on_Your_Buildings
Please note that for the software these four new buildings need to be translated into other European languages. Contact will be made directly with the partners that have been responsible for translation. Also note these new benchmarks are not fixed and could change in the next few years.